Leading APAC Partners Choose Sourcefire to Enable Customers to Adopt Threat-Centric Security
Sourcefire (Nasdaq: FIRE), a leader in intelligent cyber security solutions, today announced increased momentum of partners and distributors across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region that have selected Sourcefire as a partner of choice for customers seeking threat-centric security solutions.
Most recently, Sourcefire expanded its distribution agreement with M.Tech (Registered as M-Security Technology Sdn. Bhd in Malaysia), a leading regional IT security, application delivery network and video communications solutions distributor. In addition to Malaysia, Sourcefire has also appointed M.Tech as its value added distributor in other Southeast Asian countries including Singpore, Thailand, Indonesia, India and Hong Kong.
Sourcefire’s success in both Malaysia and the Asia Pacific underscores the company’s commitment to its more than 600 partners worldwide that help customers achieve protection across the full attack continuum – before, during and after a threat. These partners offer Sourcefire’s leading security solutions including FirePOWER™, a network-based platform for Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems (NGIPS) and Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) solutions. Partners also offer the company’s Advanced Malware Protection solutions to address malware across the extended network, which also includes mobile, virtual and endpoint.
“Sourcefire’s success in building a strong partner ecosystem is a testament to the innovation that is enabling customers to adopt a threat-centric approach security model,” said Ivan Wen, country manager for Sourcefire Malaysia. “Even the most security diligent organizations are recognizing that attacks are no longer an ‘if’ but a ‘when.’ Technology and business leaders do not need to accept defeat, but they do need to accept that the attackers have changed the game and become smarter over the years. It is time that we think like the attackers in order to protect an organization’s security system from being compromised. Our partner base shares this strategic approach to security.”
Significant Milestones in Partner Ecosystem Expansion
In addition Malaysia, Sourcefire has appointed several new distributors and partners across Asia Pacific, to promote, market and distribute the company’s Agile Security solutions. Milestones include:
• Established a distribution agreement with M.Tech in Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam
• Appointed WhiteGold Solutions as its distributor in Australia and New Zealand
• Appointed iValue Solutions as a Value Added Distributor (VAD) in India
Additionally, companies collaborating with Sourcefire to build custom security solutions include:
• JCMEX Trading Sdn Bhd in Malaysia selected Sourcefire as a partner in enabling the delivery of NGIPS protection over Internet Protocol (IP) telephony solutions for enterprises, small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs).
• Ixia collaborates with Sourcefire to offer a joint solution using NGIPS and the Ixia Anue Net Tool Optimizer® to provide IT organizations a dynamic approach that uses awareness and automation to provide visibility and context while constantly adapting to new threats, new vulnerabilities and common network changes.
Advancements in Innovation
Sourcefire’s partners benefit from the enhanced innovations to Sourcefire’s Security offerings that the company has delivered to customers throughout 2013. These advancements include:
• Innovative malware trajectory capabilities across the Sourcefire Advanced Malware Protection portfolio. These Advanced Malware Protection solutions are the only offerings that add a continuous capability, going beyond point-in-time detection to confirm an infection, trace its path, analyze its behavior, remediate its targets and report on its impact regardless when a file is determined to be malware.
• Enhancements to the Sourcefire FirePOWER™ security platform, including its 7000 and 8000 series appliances, as well as updates to its NGIPS and NGFW for increased flexibility and scalability.
• A dedicated advanced malware protection appliance solution to defend against sophisticated network malware – from the point of entry, through propagation, to post-infection remediation.
• Incident Response Professional Services to assist customers in addressing advanced malware challenges. The services enable customers to clearly identify an event, evaluate the risk and determine the most effective approach to remediate.