Our 23rd Annual Survey Reveals The Brands & Personalities We Trust The Most
SINGAPORE – Media OutReach – 9 July 2021 – Coming off a year where our trust has never been more tested, with deadly dangers and testing lockdowns, the 23rd annual survey of Singapore’s Most Trusted Brands has been revealed exclusively in Reader’s Digest Singapore June issue. In many cases, the winners have withstood the challenges of today’s climate to instil even more consumer faith.
Reader’s Digest commissioned an independent market research agency to conduct a stand-alone survey of a representative sample across Asia, to find out consumer views on brands in over 50 categories. More than 8000 individuals were selected across five of the region’s key markets: Singapore, the Philippines, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Taiwan. As well as brands, Singapore’s most trusted personalities were also identified and these results are revealed exclusively in the June issue of Reader’s Digest Singapore.
“Perhaps more than any other year previously, trust has been the guiding human emotion we’ve all had to rely on to navigate through our day safely,” notes Editor-in-Chief, Louise Waterson.
“For the brands themselves, trust matters when it comes to weathering a crisis, and ultimately, trust is built on the traditional foundations of quality, consistency, honesty and delivering on your promises.
“In terms of the current situation, with this pandemic, that also means getting proactive and reaching out to your customers like never before. It’s very much about maintaining a relationship with that particular individual.”
TRUST DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS
In these unprecedented difficult times, brands are expected more than ever to support customers with their concerns and provide reassurance that expectations will be upheld and that their value as a customer is recognised.
Trusted Brands understand that the key to easing consumer anxieties is to open a gate of communication through mutual respect and empathy. The Trusted Brands outlined in our survey are here to listen to customer concerns, sympathise with their situations and provide the necessary support and assistance to their customers because they appreciate these valued relationships.
This is the kind of service and quality that helps a consumer understand that the brand they know and trust is still on their side, and working hard to continue the relationship they worked hard to build.
- AIA, an Asia Award winner, also has won in the Insurance Company category in Singapore for 18 years;
- Daikin has won in the Air Conditioner category for 20 consecutive years;
- Pilot has been the winner in Pen category since 2003;
- SōngHè has been the Gold winner in the Rice category 11 times
- novita has won in the Air Purifier category for 7 consecutive years and also has won in the Water Purifier category for 6 consecutive years;
- Mitsubishi Electric has won in the Refrigerator category for 21 consecutive years and has been the winner in Air Conditioner category since 2006;
- Gong Cha has won the Gold Awards again this year, this is the second consecutive year winning since we introduce the Pearl Milk Tea category in Trusted Brands survey;
- Glenda Chong claimed the Most Trusted News Presenter, The Flying Dutchman yet again won Most Trusted Radio Presenter, Joseph Schooling was voted as the Most Trust Sports Personality by Singaporeans and Michelle Chong won the Most Trusted Entertainment/ Variety.
ABOUT THE SURVEY AND TO SEE THE FULL LIST
This is not a survey of the readers of Reader’s Digest magazine. It is an independently commissioned poll, with the results appearing exclusively in Reader’s Digest Singapore. Leading market research agency Catalyst Research surveyed a representative sample of 8000 individuals from Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan to determine which brands consumers trust most.
The survey reveals the brands, products and services that consumers believe in, over more than 50 categories.
These are the brands that consumers in Singapore turn to and recognise in their daily lives; whether that be the rice they serve to their family, the household products they frequent, or the insurance company they turn to.
These are the brands we lean towards every time we have to make a purchasing decision, the brands that have demonstrated through consistency and longevity that they are trusted in the minds of ordinary Singapore consumers.
Media backgrounder – Singapore’s Most Trusted Brands & Most Trusted Personalities