Databricks, the data and AI company, and PETRONAS Digital Sdn Bhd, the digital arm of PETRONAS, recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to accelerate data and AI initiatives, aiming to enhance innovation and productivity.
Powered by the Databricks Lakehouse Platform, the collaboration aims to support PETRONAS Digital’s commitment to secure and responsible data usage for informed decision-making.
Databricks and PETRONAS Digital plan to collaborate to:
- Develop Generative AI models specific to PETRONAS’ needs.
- Implement PETRONAS’ ESG analytics use cases.
- Train and enable talent development.
- Provide Databricks’ technologies and data science tools through the Databricks’ University Alliance.
- Utilize PETRONAS as a Databricks Marketplace partner to monetize data assets and AI models within a vast ecosystem of data consumers, all from a single platform.
“Data and AI are pivotal for PETRONAS’ growth. Collaborating with Databricks, we aim to move towards a data and AI-driven future to unlock value. This partnership underscores our dedication to innovation,” stated Phuah Aik Chong, CEO of PETRONAS Digital Sdn Bhd.
“Data and AI are paramount globally, and we’re excited to expand our partnership with PETRONAS. We’ll aid their data and AI vision with the Databricks Lakehouse Platform, democratizing data, analytics, and AI within the organization. Our technology, resources, and training will cultivate a data-driven culture at PETRONAS and nurture the next generation of data and AI talent in Malaysia,” affirmed Ed Lenta, senior vice president and general manager for Databricks Asia Pacific & Japan.