The MYStartup Accelerator Programme Cohort 2 has officially kick-started where the top 25 successful applicants have had the chance to connect and network with their peers and NEXEA (a venture capital and startup accelerator firm that aims to raise and support future tech giants to grow within the next few years).
The event also allowed them to meet with their assigned mentors, typically industry experts, who will guide them through the programme over the next five months.
The MYStartup Accelerator Programme is one of the many MYStartup initiatives that took place throughout the year to strengthen the local startup ecosystem and community aligned with the Malaysian Startup Ecosystem Roadmap (SUPER) 2021-2030.
Ahmad Kashfi Alwi, Senior Vice President of Ecosystem Development, Cradle, said, “The MYStartup Accelerator Programme is crucial as we provide startups with the ultimate path for them to showcase their innovation, their expertise, and to encourage them to connect and collaborate with other startups and partners at the ecosystem level.
“We’re incredibly proud of the top 25 startups selected to undergo this enriching programme and look forward to seeing what they can achieve over the next few months. From thereon, we hope these startups will take their ideas and businesses to compete at a regional and even global level.”
Aiming to be one of the top regional startup ecosystems, MYStartup is driving growth to increase innovation and quality startups, generating more than 5,000 quality and sustainable startups in 2025.
Cohort 1 in 2022 saw six startups receiving a total of RM1.57 million in investments from 17 angel investors. Through the Accelerator Programme, these investments and funding opportunities received by the participating startups continue to validate MYStartup’s impact on the startup ecosystem in Malaysia.
This year, the top 25 startups across various industries were chosen out of over 220 applications after vigorous selection rounds. Some of the selected startups for Cohort 2 include:
- EB Tech, a technology company that focuses on developing Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Deep technology mainly for maximizing production yield in the agricultural sector;
- AFA, a platform that connects people to sports via a nationwide mobile application booking system for sports facilities;
- Carpedia, a talent platform that supplies and manages gig workers to logistic players like Shopee Express, Lazada, and Ninja Van;
- com, an award-winning company that sells and delivers retail grocery products & supplies that can be discounted by recycling; and
- CikguHub, an interactive online teacher training platform that aims to use machine learning and data analytics to help teachers improve their teaching strategies.
These 25 startups will go through the 5-month enrichment programme, commencing in March, providing world-class mentorship, guidance, and resources that would bring their business to the next level.
The top 5 startups of Cohort 2 will then stand a chance to participate in the exclusive MYStartup Overseas Immersion Programme, where they connect and learn from key players in the industry as they gain real-life insights into market expansion and business development.
One of the key highlights of the programme includes the chance to meet potential local and international investors that could help them scale up and accelerate their expansion.
To register for the next programme, go to www.mystartup.gov.my