HP announced an expanded big data portfolio designed to enable organisations to gain better insight into their data and deliver real-time outcomes.
According to research commissioned on behalf of HP, 60 percent of companies surveyed in APJ will spend at least 10 percent of their IT innovation budget on big data this year. A third of the organisations surveyed also believe strongly that Big Data is the largest competitive differentiator for their organisations. However, the study found that nearly half of these organisations have failed with a big data initiative they had implemented.
To help organisations reap the rewards of big data, HP announced HAVEn, a big data analytics platform, which leverages HP’s analytics software, hardware and services to create the next generation of big data-ready analytics applications and solutions.
“Big data enables organisations to take advantage of the totality of their information—both internal and external—in real time. It produces extremely fast decision making, resulting in unique and innovative ways to serve customers and society,” said said Lee Boon Lee, vice president, Software, Hewlett-Packard Asia Pacific and Japan. . “HP has the breadth and depth of both the platform and the product portfolio to assist enterprises in unleashing the power of big data.”
HP provides unifying big data analytics platform
HAVEn combines proven technologies from HP Autonomy, HP Vertica, HP ArcSight and HP Operations Management, as well as key industry initiatives such as Hadoop, enabling clients and partners to:
• Avoid vendor lock-in with an open architecture that supports a broad range of analytics tools.
• Protect investments with support for multiple virtualisation technologies.
• Speed time to value with highly optimised hardware solutions.
• Gain value from 100 percent of information, including structured, semistructured and unstructured data, via HP’s portfolio of more than 700 connectors into HAVEn.
HP also is expanding its big data portfolio with new capabilities that help clients build and operate their big data solutions.
HP helps clients unlock hidden data to gain actionable insight
The first integrated big data analytics solution built on HAVEn is HP Operations Analytics, which delivers insight into all aspects of IT operations, so organisations can ensure quality service levels. The solution allows organisations to efficiently consume, manage and analyse massive streams of IT operational data from a variety of HP products, including HP ArcSight Logger and the HP Business Service Management portfolio, as well as third-party sources.
To help clients improve customer engagement and speed response to market opportunities, HP Enterprise Services has introduced HP Actionable Analytics Services. These solutions enable clients to implement analytics and extract insight hidden within big data, as well as streamline key organisational processes, such as customer offers, procurement, supply chain and inventory operations.
HP helps clients start their journey to big data
HP also announced two additional products to help on the journey to big data:
• The HP Vertica Community Edition—free, downloadable software that delivers the same functionality of the HP Vertica Analytics Platform Enterprise Edition with no commitments or time limits, allowing clients to analyse up to 1 terabyte of data before investing in an enterprisewide solution.
• The HP Autonomy Legacy Data Cleanup—information governance solution that helps clients analyze legacy data, lower costs and reduce risks while driving value from big data. With this solution, organisations can access, understand and classify, as well as defensibly dispose of outdated and unnecessary legacy information, while retaining data deemed valuable for production applications.