First-in-HK to offer value-added services: cosmetic treatments, fertility solution, refractive surgery and maternity care
HONG KONG, CHINA – Media OutReach – 5 October 2020 – Women of today have many wishes, they may want to build a thriving career, pursue their dreams, and have a joyful family life all at the same time. It is thus very important for women to take good care of their health. Yet according to the “AXA Wellness Index” 2020, while 94% of the female respondents claimed that they are concerned about their health, only around half of them (56%) have done body check-ups in the past two years, showing that women may neglect their health as they are too busy with handling the different roles in life.
AXA Hong Kong launches the “Pink Medical Insurance Plan”, a holistic solution that brings women’s needs into focus, providing multidimensional protection from young adulthood to menopause. By partnering with a group of high-quality network service providers, the plan lets our customers have access to a full suite of value-added services, including the first-in-market offer of cosmetic treatments, refractive surgery and fertility solution, as well as maternity care.
Hence, AXA Hong Kong launches the “Pink Medical Insurance Plan”, a holistic solution that brings women’s needs into focus, providing multidimensional protection from young adulthood to menopause. Apart from the medical protection needs, we understand that women also wish to present the best of themselves at all times. Therefore, we are partnering with a group of high-quality network service providers to let our customers have access to a full suite of value-added services, including the first-in-market offer of cosmetic treatments, refractive surgery, fertility solution, as well as maternity care. Among our high-quality network service providers is the HKSH Medical Group, which will provide our customers with free regular woman check-ups, gynaecology out-patient consultations, gynaecology treatment & medication as well as the value-added services, taking care of our customers inside-out. During the promotion period, customers who apply for the “Pink Medical Insurance Plan” may be eligible to enjoy a premium discount of up to 7 months. AXA Hong Kong will also donate 5% of the first year’s premium of each issued policy of the “Pink Medical Insurance Plan” to Hong Kong Cancer Fund.
Dr Koh Yi Mien, Managing Director of Health and Employee Benefits of AXA Hong Kong and Macau, said, “Today’s modern women are strong, independent and have many wishes. We are always striving to be the best versions of ourselves as we go through life, from adolescent to adulthood to menopause. At each stage, women have different needs, such as gynaecological issues, beauty concerns, fertility worries and mental health needs. Given this, the AXA health team spent time listening to women sharing their experiences about what truly matters. We observed how women lead their lives in real life. We consulted obstetricians and gynaecologists. The result is the ‘Pink Medical Insurance Plan’. A holistic solution for women’s needs during the different ages, with top-quality network providers, so that women can be free to live the life they love. We are delighted our brand ambassador, Ms Sammi Cheng, has taken the lead to become the first customer of ‘Pink Medical Insurance Plan’. “
The “Pink Medical Insurance Plan” provides protection and valued-added services to take care of women from inside out, including:
- Regular woman check-ups — Customers can enjoy a regular women check-up for every two policy years, which includes bedside pelvic ultrasound and pap smear, helping women to identify hidden health problems.
- Gynaecology out-patient consultations — The plan provides full coverage for eligible gynaecology out-patient consultation and follow-up tele-consultation for gynaecological concerns with our network gynaecologists, such as abnormal menstruation, lower abdominal cramps or menopausal discomfort. In addition, it covers 70% of eligible expense, subject to a maximum coverage of HKD50,000 per visit.
- First-in-HK valued-added services — The plan provides a range of offers in designated service providers including cosmetic treatments, fertility solution, refractive surgery and maternity care, helping women to look and feel best every day.
- High-quality network service providers — Customers can enjoy direct access to high-quality medical services through the network service providers including the HKSH Medical Group and CUHK Medical Clinic Limited. Simply present the AXA eHealth card at network service providers for gynaecology out-patient consultation and treatment.
- Women cancer benefit — In case a customer is unfortunately diagnosed with a covered carcinoma in situ/cancer of the breast, uterine cervix, uterus, ovary, fallopian tube, vagina or vulva, the plan will provide HKD100,000 cash benefit to help relieve the financial burden.
- AXA BetterMe — Customers can enjoy a suite of services in this holistic wellness platform. For example, they can learn about common health problems through Symptoms Checker, a 24/7 health encyclopedia, better manage health with the chronic disease management programme, as well as uplifting mood and relax through Mind Charger, a mindfulness meditation guide. Simply access AXA BetterMe through the Emma by AXA app and enjoy the services anytime, anywhere.
To know more about the “Pink Medical Insurance Plan”, please visit: https://www.axa.com.hk/en/pink-medical-insurance-plan
 AXA Wellness Index 2020: https://www.axa.com.hk/en/axa-wellness-index-2020
 For details, please refer to the relevant promotion leaflet. Terms and conditions apply.
 From now till 27 September 2022.
 For details, please refer to the Value-added services leaflet. Terms and conditions apply.
ABOUT AXA HONG KONG AND MACAU
AXA Hong Kong and Macau, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself on serving over 1.5 million customers with our superior products and services. AXA is the top-tier life insurer in Hong Kong with the longest history and is ranked No. 2 in insurance – life, health (stock) category worldwide. In addition to being the No. 1 global Property & Casualty commercial lines insurer, we are the No. 1 most considered insurance brand in Hong Kong. We are also one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong and Macau.
AXA is one of the most diversified insurers, providing a full range of coverage for individual and commercial customers. We offer all-round, integrated solutions across Life, Health and Property & Casualty to address all our customers’ insurance needs.
As an innovative insurer, we leverage on Big Data and AI to transform the customer experience end-to-end, making insurance simpler and more personal. We continue to drive innovation notably in health and protection, supporting customers in prevention, treatment and recovery.
We also believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities in which we operate. AXA Foundation is our flagship corporate social responsibility programme covering all our efforts in promoting holistic wellbeing and supporting the underprivileged to create a positive and lasting impact in the communities of Hong Kong and Macau.
 Including customers of AXA China Region Insurance Company Limited, AXA China Region Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability), and AXA General Insurance Hong Kong Limited
 Top tier insurers are defined based on the annualised premiums of Individual Direct New Business (Classes A to F) of Statistics on Hong Kong Long Term Insurance Business published by the Insurance Authority
 2020 Fortune Global 500
 AXA Corporate Solutions, AXA Matrix Risk Consultants, AXA Insurance Company, and AXA Art with AXA XL’s insurance and reinsurance operations combined
 AXA Hong Kong Brand Preference Tracking Report 2019
THIS PRESS RELEASE IS AVAILABLE ON AXA’S WEBSITE: AXA.COM.HK
IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION AND CAUTIONARY STATEMENTS CONCERNING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
Certain statements contained herein may be forward-looking statements including, but not limited to, statements that are predictions of or indicate future events, trends, plans or objectives. Undue reliance should not be placed on such statements because, by their nature, they are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties and can be affected by other factors that could cause AXA’s actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Please refer to Part 4 – “Risk factors and risk management” of AXA’s Universal Registration Document for the year ended December 31, 2019, for a description of certain important factors, risks and uncertainties that may affect AXA’s business, and/or results of operations. AXA undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any of these forward-looking statements, whether to reflect new information, future events or circumstances or otherwise, except as part of applicable regulatory or legal obligations.